An important configuration for All-In-One WP Nearby Places is adding your own Google Map API key.
Visit the official documentation:
For updated information you can visit the official Google Documentation for getting an API key: https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/embed/get-api-key
How to generate Google Map API key
- Go to the Google Maps Platform
- Click the Get Started button in the middle of the screen.
- Click on the Google Cloud Platform home in the upper left corner.
- Click on Billing to make sure your billing details are up-to-date. If they are not, your Google Maps will not work properly.
- Once you’ve confirmed your billing is up-to-date, click on the Google Cloud Platform home in upper left corner again.
- Hover to APIs & Services and go to Credentials.
- If you want to use an existing project, please select it from the list. Otherwise, select ‘Create a new project’ and enter a project name.
- Click Create credentials and select API key. You will see a new dialog that displays the newly created API key.
- Click the Close button in the API key dialogue. Your new API key will be listed on the Credentials page under API keys.
Make sure the API key has access to the following:
Securing your Google Maps API key
It’s recommended to secure your Google Maps API key against quota theft. In this article, we explain exactly how you can secure your Google Maps API key.
https://example.com https://example.com/* *.example.com/*
There are other options depending on your preferred URL format. Learn more here. If you are unsure as to what HTTP referrer to add, please contact your web host or server admin.